Thursday, April 26, 2007

Who Knew??

Who knew people actually read my blog and miss it when I do not post anything!?? THANKS BLOG READERS!!! I will try to get better at posting updates!

This week has been a little busy with work, getting settled, making new friends, etc. Maxie and I are official residents of Brussels, Belgium. I went today to get registered at the Town Hall of my commune of Ixelles. Ixelles is the name of the city I live in...kinda like Germantown, Collierville, etc. The city of Brussels itself is very small, mainly consisting of the immediate downtown area. The area outside consists of little communes, Ixelles being one of them. Anyway, I am registered and official!

I also took Maxie to the vet here for the first time. She had to be registered as well and get her "Doggie Passport"! Yes, I am serious, she really has to have a passport! Lindsay recommended a great vet! We went on Tuesday and again today to pick up her paperwork and passport! Check out Maxie posing with her new "Doggie Passport". The vet talks French to her and it is the cutest thing I have ever heard! Maxie will be barking in French before you know it!



Last night I met a few girls from the American Women's Club of Brussels for drinks! We met at a really cute bar in a happening part of town. It was great to meet some new people and make some new friends. I met Emily from Atlanta, Beth from New York, Kate from Connecticut, Christina from Oklahoma, and Sabrina from Atlanta. They are great girls and I look forward to hanging out with them some more!

I went outside to my 'garden' this afternoon I found something wonderful....ROSES!!!!!!!! Who would have ever thought I would have rose garden??! I thought there were rose bushes running down the side of my garden...and today, it was confirmed as they started blooming! The bushes are covered with blooms waiting to open up! I am soooo excited! Here are a few I found today! Can you imagine what they will look like when they are all in bloom!!! WOW!






Also, I will admit, I know nothing about plants, flowers, etc. My garden has many things in it which are blooming right now and I have to find out what they are. Here are a few pics of some of the things blooming. If you know what they are, please let me know! Also, for anyone who may know about roses...what do I do with them? Can I cut the roses off? When? How?






4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 PM

    the bottom picture and the one right above it are bluebells

    graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Tippa, you can cut the roses as needed to vases. Also, as the rose dies on the vine, cut them, this is called 'dead heading' and encourages more growth. I have to run to my garden store today and get some 'stuff' to keep my rabbits and squirels away..they keep eating my tulips! i am so bummed...everyday there is another one eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:22 AM

    You get ur knowledge of flowers and such from your mother..

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:37 AM

    Maxie's pic with her passport is just precious! We miss her, but I'm glad she has a vet that's so nice. We'll expect French barks when she comes back to visit Doggie Day Camp.

    kathy

    ReplyDelete