Sunday, May 6, 2007

Run for the Roses - A Kentucky Derby Party

Last night I went to a great Derby party held at the American Women's Club. I was a little nervous about going to a cocktail party where I would not know anyone, but it turned out to be a great evening! The ladies I met made me feel at home instantly and I did not feel like an outsider at all. Here is a picture of a few of the ladies I met last night!


Since the Kentucky Derby was held in conjunction with the party, Derby mania was the theme! There was interactive horse racing where you could bet on the jockey of your choice, Mint Juleps were flowing as well as a hat contest, a silent auction, and a great jazz band. I got in on the fun of the interactive horse racing! Check out the fun! No, I did not win! I think I came in 5th!














I wish I have taken the time and searched for a hat. Hats are all the rage at the Kentucky Derby and in many parts of Europe! So many ladies wore the cutest hats! I need to go shopping!












Thanks for a great night ladies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment