Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ahhhh...English TV, European Style!!

I have been in Brussels for 4 weeks now (can you believe it??). Since I moved into my apartment I have been watching DVDs that I brought from home and Slingbox. It really has not been that bad but I am tired of watching the same things over and over. So, as of today I am the proud subscriber of Sky TV (satellite TV based out of the UK) so I now have over 800 channels which are all in English! I am so excited. Since Sky is based out of the UK, there are mostly British type programming, but there are American shows that come on as well. I just watched a couple of Friends episodes, Scrubs, ER, etc. I have not figured it all out yet and not sure when things come on or on what channel...but at least I have something new to play around with! I do not usually sit around and watch TV all night, but I just need something on in the background...and something I can understand!

I will keep you posted on the shows I find! YAY! I am so excited!

The other big thing happening in my world this week is that I will be getting my washer and dryer this weekend! Talk about excited! It is the little things that bring me joy right now! I was fortunate enough to find someone who is about to be move to Memphis and selling his washer/dryer! They are bringing it over on Sunday! YAY, I get to do some much needed laundry...once I figure out how to use it!

My next blog entry will be about the differences in the use of appliances here! That is going to be a good one...so get ready!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:28 PM

    When you make an extra set of keys, have a necklace made for Maxie and she can carry it around like the St. Bernards carry their "kegs!" ... It is good to hear that you have TV that you can understand! See if you can get Fox News and watch the Factor w/Bill O'Reilly....Boy you're stories are good!! Talk to you later!!! Keep doing what you're doing...you are Fab!! Love, Agnes

    ReplyDelete