Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime! (Part 4)

After seeing England, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands (ok, we only drove through the Netherlands), we had to complete the hand and hit 5 countries....so we headed off to Germany!

We decided on Cologne, Germany and to take the train. Truth be told....Daddy was scared to death of the drivers in Belgium (me too!!) and combined with my driving....well, that made him really nervous! We were all happy they wanted to take the train....no matter how much it cost!

We knew it was going to be a hot day in Germany, but really did not realize just how hot. When we arrived, I thought I was going to die! It was in the high 90s, probably between 95-98. It was so hot! I am not used to temperatures like that anymore and quite frankly, I do not miss Memphis summers.

It was lunchtime by the time we got to Cologne, so we stopped to grab a bite. We ate at this cutest little sidewalk restaurant. The longer we sat there we realized we wanted dessert, mainly because it was just so dang HOT and we did not want to move!
Yummmmy strawberries!
Gotcha!
Finally, we decided to get out of the shade and see some of the city. I was there in December for the Christmas Markets, but seeing it in the summer was really different! We decided to take a little cute train around the city....ok, did I mention how hot it was! Seriously thought I was going to die! Anyway, this little train took us all around and we got to see what Cologne was all about. Mom and Daddy also got to eat a traditional German brat (I am not really sure they liked it!)!
Yep, Maxie joined us! She did not like the heat either!
Before we decided headed out, we stopped by the beautiful Cologne Cathedral!

Germany was the last stop on my family's Trip of a Lifetime European tour! Telling them bye at the airport was terrible and so sad. I miss them more than I can write!

I love you Daddy, Mom, and Angie!

No comments:

Post a Comment