Friday, January 11, 2008

Gratitude

Now that I am getting settled back in and the jet-lag is wearing off...I am realizing how blessed I am to have Dan and Pam in my life here in Brussels. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about what all Dan did for me while dealing with the mess in my apartment.

It was all very easy for me...I was in Memphis when it all happened and by the time I walked into my apartment in Brussels, the mess (and even the smell) was gone and cleaned up.

Dan took the initiative to come over and assess the problem, take action on dealing with it, called and worked with my apartment owners, was there for both sets of plumbers (on a work day nonetheless), and helped clear out the room for the cleaners to do their job. This is WAY above and beyond the call of duty (and friendship) for anyone. He did it because it was the right thing to do but could have easily just made a call and left it for someone else to deal with.

This mess was not just a little water in the floor but disease prone bacteria floating everywhere. I pray I am able to do the same thing Dan did for me for someone else in the same situation.

You know, these things happen to people in the US every day; however, there is so much to deal with when living in a foreign country that this only adds to the stress. I am so blessed to have met people which offer me unconditional love and support. I pray everyone has someone like Dan and Pam in their lives!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Hi Tippa,
    Sound like you have some good friends there! It's great to hear and I defininitely know what you mean. How was your visit home? I bet you need a vacation just to rest up from it! What's the lastest gossip from the states?
    Love
    Karie

    ReplyDelete