Thursday, October 4, 2007

6 months down....18 to go!

I am about to hit the grand 6 month mark of living here in Brussels! I cannot believe it! Prior to coming over here everyone said...oh, your attitude changes so much after 6 months. I really hope they are right!

Can you believe it has been 6 months since I packed up and left Memphis? I still cannot believe it; although, some days it feels like 6 years! I have come so far since I arrived and finally feel settled.

In the past 6 months, I…

* Visited 6 countries (Belgium, India, France, Hungary, England, Scotland);
Brussels, Belgium
Brugge, Belgium
Leuven, Belgium
Mumbai, India
New Delhi, India
Agra, India
Paris, France (3 times)
Budapest, Hungary
London, England
Edinburgh, Scotland
Giverny, France
Normandy Region of France (Utah Beach, Gold Beach, Omaha Beach)
Sainte Mere-Eglise, France
Bayeux, France
Deauville, France
Honfleur, France

* Had 5 visitors (Mom, Kristen, Jennie, Gail, and Ginnie);

* Locked myself in a parking garage;

* Locked myself out of my apartment;

* Survived Maxie having surgery on her paw;

* Met some wonderful new friends;

* Had my first experience returning something in Europe (not as easy as it may sound);

* Found Diet Pepper in less than 2 months of arriving;

* Have been to 1 chocolate tasting…and cannot wait to go to another one (21 different types of chocolate…wow!);

* Survived my first summer in Brussels where the weather barely got above 80 degrees for only a couple of days;

* Am getting use to the dreary, rainy, gross weather here in Brussels;

* Have gone through 4 different cars and finally received my permanent car last week;

* Can get to work without my GPS now (I do take it everywhere else though);

* Finally received office furniture this week after 5 months;

* Have gone to see my first movie (did this just a couple of weeks ago!!);

* And much much more!


Wonder where the next 6 months will take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment