Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dinner Cruise on the Danube River

We had a great time last night on a dinner cruise we took on the Danube River. The Danube separates Buda from Pest. The cruise was really nice...the weather was great and the view was spectacular! We got a good laugh out of the aggressive 'cruisers' who ran to the buffet line when the food was brought out. Seriously, you have to jump in or you are going to miss out. I even had someone take the tongs out of my hands when I was getting dessert!!! That could have gotten ugly as I was going after a piece of chocolate....you know my love of chocolate!

I have found Europeans to be very impatient in a lot of situations...they will break in line and never think twice about it. It was funny though as we were leaving and crossing the street....no cars were coming so we (Americans) crossed, but the Europeans behind us waited on the crosswalk light to turn green. For that, they wait!

According to Wikipedia, the Danube River as the longest river in the European Union and Europe's second longest river (wonder what is the longest?). It originates in the Black Forest in Germany and dumps into the Black Sea via the Danube Delta in Romania and Ukraine. The river flows through 10 countries: Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova, and the Ukraine. I think I may just take a cruise of the entire river and be able to check a lot of countries off my list!

Our boat!!

The crew....Orlando (my boss) and his wife Sandra on the right and JR (my co-worker) and I on the left.

Me and the Royal Palace in the background (more about that later)!

The Parliament Building (more about that later)

Me trying to get a picture of the Chain Bridge in the background while cruising...it really didn't work out like I had hoped! Oh well!

Beautiful!!!

Partners in crime - Team Brussels!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:13 AM

    J.R. is sitting in my seat!

    ReplyDelete