Sunday, March 29, 2009

Much needed R&R!

Being home has been incredible and a little sad. I miss living in Europe. I never thought I would say that, but I do. I think it is just the excitement of living in another country and all the wonderful opportunities I was blessed with. It is hard to believe that I am here permanently and not going back anytime soon. I feel like I just woke up from one fantastic dream. I am reminded of the places I visited as I unpack boxes and see the things I purchased. What an opportunity!! It is so hard to believe that I did it...for 2 years, I lived in Europe. I did it. I made it.

This may sound really weird, but I was afraid to stay at my house the first night because that would make it real...I am home!

So, saying all of that, these past couple of week have been wild. I closed on my house on Friday, March 2oth! My friend, Pam, came to town and it was all about the house! On Saturday, I had my refrigerator delivered and all 18 window blinds installed. Tuesday, I had my storage shipment delivered. It is amazing the stuff you forget you have when you have not seen it for 2 years! Wednesday, my first shipment from Brussels was delivered. That shipment consisted of the bare essentials (bed, clothes, bathroom stuff, kitchen stuff, etc). It is nice to have these shipments arrive in phases so I can stay caught up on the unpacking and organizing without being completely overwhelmed. And, the best part about moving, MOVERS! They totally unpacked everything from my Brussels shipment and took away all the packing materials. That was such a HUGE benefit and help!

I also had my all of my utilities set up; cable installed; TVs bought, delivered and installed; Daddy repainted the master bedroom and bath; and a fence in the process of getting built. There is a lot to do! Whew....

So, tonight, I did this....And...oh, it felt so good!

And I treated myself to this...Yes, that is a TV installed in my bathroom! I love it!

7 comments:

  1. that looks sooo relaxing! welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DECADENT!!! I soooo want a tv in my bathroom now! :)

    Give Maxie a snuggle from us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny...u really did it eh?? that's awesome! i believe there will be many a bath taken there, to take advantage of the tv!! i had a feeling you'd miss europe. experiences like that teach us to enjoy the moment, in the moment...so glad to see you doing that now in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I'm with gitz, total decadence! What I wouldn't do for both, a bath and a tv and in the same place, oh my, I wouldn't come out till I was a prune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Looks so reeeelaxing! And the TV...yes! I have one in my bathroom and get a lot of grief for it! But Sista I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I love it!!! Love to you as you get in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:03 AM

    I love it! Congrats on the adventure and the new place. Can't wait to see it.
    Love,
    Karie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not going to lie. I'm a little jealous of the TV in the bathroom. A girl can dream...

    ReplyDelete