Friday, February 20, 2009

The Adventure Continues

I have been so wrapped up in packing, organizing, obsessing over my new house, etc. lately that I have not planned for my next adventure.

I leave tomorrow evening flying to Johannesburg, South Africa. This is a work trip with very little playtime, especially in South Africa. We land Sunday morning around 10AM. I have that afternoon to (maybe) see something. Then, it is all work until Wednesday night when we fly to Cairo, Egypt. See, my job is not very glamorous!

We land in Cairo Thursday morning where we will then go to the office for a couple of hours. After that, the weekend begins as Egypt's weekend is on Friday and Saturday. We have a tour scheduled to take us to all the sites around Cairo, including the Memphis region! I am really excited about that, for obvious reasons. I already see a framed picture of the Pyramid in Memphis, TN along side the pyramids in the region of Memphis.

I am in Cairo until the next Tuesday, March 3rd! See, I told you...a very quick (all business) trip!!

So, please say a prayer for me as you all know my fear of flying...and I will be doing a lot of it over the next few weeks! The flight to Johannesburg is 10+ hours, then another 8 hours to Cairo, then around 5 hours back to Brussels (via Frankfurt, Germany). Not to mention the 10+ hours to Memphis on March 14th! Whew! I am glad for frequent flyer miles!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wowzers! You make me want to send you a boatload of money (which of course I don't REALLY have) and tell you to send a few things back, just a couple of treasures really. I know without a doubt I want to travel again soon! But it is hubby with the big fear of flying these days ): So blessings to you, prayers for safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed for you that you can see more sites while there... but at least you'll get a taste for it to see if you ever want to go back and vacation! Praying for safe travels, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ what amazing places! Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete