Sunday, April 13, 2008

Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse, Netherlands

Maxie and I took advantage of the beautiful day in Brussels and drove 2 hours to Lisse, Netherlands to see the famous Keukenhof Gardens. I have heard so much about this place and it ranked very high on my must-see list of items this spring. The gardens are only open from March 20th-May 18th so I knew we needed to get there fast before time was up!

Keukenhof is the world's largest flower garden where approximately 7,000,000 flower bulbs are planted annually. As you can imagine, I took a lot of pictures so it may take me a little while (considering all my traveling these days) to get them all loaded onto Shutterfly.

The gardens were gorgeous and the colors were spectacular! I was a little early for the tulips, but I got to see some. I am hoping to go back in early May to see the tulips in full bloom!

In the meantime, enjoy a few photos! Oh, and by the way...although it looked like spring in the gardens it was still very cold and very windy yesterday while we were there!



Maxie was on the hunt for worms and rubbing her nose in the ground in hopes they would jump up and say hello!


No comments:

Post a Comment