Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Markets 2008 - Aachen, Germany

Our 2008 Tour of Christmas Markets came to a close this weekend.

First stop – Brussels, Belgium Christmas Market

Pam and I headed to the Brussels Christmas Market on Saturday. Would you believe that my camera's battery was dead? Well, it was and I was not happy. To be honest, you did not miss much by me being so irresponsible. :-) I did not attend the Brussels market last year but did want to at least take a peek this year although I had heard it was not the best. It was nice to walk around and pick up some last minute gifts and chocolates to take home next Saturday (can you believe that??!!). It was freezing out so we did all we wanted to do and headed home! Burrrr.

Second stop - Aachen, Germany Christmas Market

Hands down, Germany has the best Christmas markets. Pam, Beth, and I went to Aachen today and we were not disappointed at all. Seriously, many countries try to have great markets and while they are not bad, in my opinion, Germany has the best! I think it is the atmosphere, selection, and decorations, which make me lean toward the Germany markets.

I did not take many pictures today because it was too dang crowded and too dang cold to take off my gloves. I did manage to get these:





I bought a beautiful nativity that I cannot wait to display! I will have pictures soon! I hope you have enjoyed this year's Tour of Christmas Markets! I am getting excited about heading back to Memphis this Saturday for the holidays (and house hunting!)!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:37 PM

    The pictures you did take were great Tippa!
    I'm so excited that you and the pup are headed back to the states! How exciting...and you get to start looking for a house! Lots of good stuff in store for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, there is nothing that compares to European chocolate! It doesn't matter which country, Its all so good! Can't wait for the photos of the nativity! I so need one myself. I'll be thinking of you as you get ready for your big trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss the Christmas markets,the sights and smells are wonderful. Thanks for checking in on my mom, she is still in the hospital but doing better. I hope you have a great trip home and find exactly what you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:29 AM

    How wonderful! I am so excited that you will be home so soon!!!!!! You have to plan a downtown day and we can play! Be safe!!!!!!

    And- I am always up for house perusing if you need a tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, even in a few pictures I can see that there is a LOT of Christmas in a small space :) Can't wait to see the Nativity and hope you're all cozy and warmed up!!!

    ReplyDelete