Friday, May 30, 2008

Bye-Bye Budapest, Hello Vienna!

I have had a great week in Budapest! Agnes, a very special friend who I work with and adore, is Hungarian but lives in New Jersey! She was assigned to this audit so she had the opportunity to come back to Hungary after 20 years! She took vacation time before the audit and is staying another week after we are done to spend time with her family, who still lives in Hungary! It has been so great having her here....especially with her language skills and seeing her in her element! I miss you, Agnes! Agnes, Me, and Laurence

I am off tonight to Vienna by train! This is my first trip to travel alone. I am a little excited about it because I can do exactly what I want, see exactly what I want to see, spend as much or as little time seeing it, and go to bed when I want to go to bed! HA!! Not that I have not loved my other travel companions, but it is always nice to be able to do your own thing in your own time! I am sure I will be a bit lonely when it is lunch or dinner time when I am at a table by myself! No worries...I will be just fine!

I have tickets to the Spanish Riding School where I will see the 'dancing horses'! I am really excited about that! I am also going to the Schönbrunn Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral, Belvedere Palace, and Hofburg. I hope to catch a performance of the Vienna Boy's Choir, but I have not bought tickets for that just yet.

So, all in all, I am sure it will be a great weekend! I will share the stories and adventure when I get back to Brussels Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment