Monday, December 17, 2007

Cologne, Germany

My 2007 tour of Christmas markets continued this past weekend with a fantastic trip to Cologne, Germany. I went with my friends, Dan and Pam (Zsa Zsa's parents). Over the past 6 months, I have had the great pleasure of getting to know the both of them, but this was the first time I have actually traveled with them. They were soooooo much fun and I am looking forward to our next trip together!


We arrived on Saturday afternoon and fought our way through the crowds to see what this market was all about. We decided we were hungry and stopped for some lunch and a traditional German beer(s)! After lunch we browsed around the markets and did some great shopping! There was a polish pottery vendor....so, of course, Pam and I bought them out! Have I told you how much I love polish pottery??

I was also introduced to hot red wine with rum. Dan informed me its official name is "glu wine". Ok, you may think it is good....well, I am here to tell you, it is not! I gave it the ole college try, twice...with the same result.....handing it off to Dan to finish!! I will say the little mug and boot mug it came in were sooo cute! However, I decided I would just stick with the German beer (also in a great glass)!!

There was a cool ice skating rink where kids were sliding around...it was nice to watch from the sidelines!
Oh silly Pam!

Pam loved the Kumquat puppets...I think she just liked its hair!!


We had a great dinner at a Mexican restaurant (how about that for cuisine)! It was so good and really hit the spot after a long day of walking in the freezing weather!

On Sunday, we walked around some more to finish our shopping! Pam and I got suckered into trying out these little hair weapons....excuse me, I mean, hair pins. The lady showed us how to do it ourselves (she promised we can) so we will see if that actually happens!

She was pulling really tight.....love my face here!


The market was fantastic and the traveling companions were fabulous....so that must equal one incredible weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment