Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Cheerful Giver

2 Corinthians 9:6-12

6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9 As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”

10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. 12 For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God.

6 comments:

  1. I read what you did on Angie's blog...God used you to make someone's life a little better! What a great thing! You were being obedient, and you will be blessed!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too read what you did on Angie's blog - and all I can say is I am so proud to call you one of my sisters! Thank God for you! Bless you and thank you for bringing me to read Angie's blog. I love reading everyone else's stories on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:53 PM

    Im so thankful and inspired by what you did for Angie!

    May God bless you immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am angie :)

    and i am thankful too...

    i can't wait to meet you..

    ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:34 AM

    I also echo thanks for the blessing you gave Angie her CoCo back. I also thank you for the fathers day present you gave Todd his bride the mother to his children the purse back he had given for mothers day. You are special, given God the praise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:02 AM

    I hope you don't think I'm really "anonymous" cause I'm not! I am a lady named Michal. It's that I have blogged so little, I'am not up on the protocol. Your gracious gift to so many is definitely cheerfulness in giving! In spite of your selflessness, may you feel RICH in the delighted applause of those you've touched by your e-bay extravaganza! Love and prayers will come your way by the bags full! And THANKS for the precious scripture!

    Michal Ann
    Lake Forest Park, WA

    ReplyDelete